Troubleshoot faster with fewer headaches
- Deploy in minutes with zero configuration required.
- Autodetect hundreds of apps and thousands of metrics.
- Interact with intelligent charts out of the box.
- Respond faster with preconfigured, detailed alarms.
- Rely on sane defaults built from community expertise.
- Get involved! Netdata is free and open source.
Simplify your IT infrastructure monitoring workflow
Netdata seamlessly integrates into your current monitoring tech stack within minutes.
- Streamline incident response by autodetecting metrics from hundreds of data sources—everything from low-level Linux kernel messages to your favorite services and applications.
- Get hundreds of out-of-the-box alerts that notify you when critical issues occur.
- Store historical metrics with Netdata’s built-in time series database or export metrics as they’re collected to dozens of popular external databases.
How to get started
Monitor & troubleshoot for free with zero configuration
Installing the Netdata Agent
The Netdata Agent runs permanently on all your physical/virtual servers, containers, cloud deployments, and edge/IoT devices. It runs on Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, and more), container/microservice platforms (Kubernetes clusters, Docker), and many other operating systems (FreeBSD, macOS), with no sudo required.
⚠️ Many distributions ship with third-party packages of Netdata, which we cannot maintain or keep up-to-date.
The recommended way to install the Netdata Agent on a Linux system is our one-line kickstart script below. This script automatically installs dependencies and builds Netdata from its source code.
bash <(curl -Ss https://my-netdata.io/kickstart.sh)
Copy the script, paste it into your node’s terminal, and hit
Open your favorite browser and navigate to
http://REMOTE-HOST:19999 to open the dashboard.
Every metric, every host, every user — free
|Feature||Free plan||Paid plan (future)|
|Metrics granularity (with 100 ms latency)||1s||1s|
|Metrics data retention||Unlimited (inside your infrastructure)||Unlimited (inside your infrastructure)|
|Alarms (with up to per-second granularity)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Alarm notifications (email, custom webhooks)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Data collection integrations||200+||200+|
|Advanced user control and auditing, increased metadata retention, and enterprise plugins (future)||No||Yes|
How can Netdata be free?
The Netdata Agent is free, open source software licensed under GPL v3.0. No registration is required; just install and go. It is ideal for single-node monitoring.
Netdata Cloud is free, closed source, software-as-a-service that brings together metadata from all of your endpoints running the Netdata Agent, giving you a complete view of the health and performance of your infrastructure.
Because you retain all of your data, Netdata Cloud is extremely lightweight and performant, with very low incremental cost and infinite scalability.
In the future, we will offer a paid plan with advanced functionality for enterprise users.
Netdata is a venture-funded company.
Is my data secure?
Privacy is very important to us. We firmly believe that your data belongs to you. This is why we don’t store any metric data in Netdata Cloud.
All the data presented in Netdata Cloud is streamed directly from the Netdata Agent to the Netdata Cloud dashboard. It passes through our systems, but is not stored.
We do however store limited metadata to be able to offer the stunning visualizations and advanced functionality of Netdata Cloud.
- The email address you used to sign up
- For each node claimed to your Spaces in Netdata Cloud:
- Hostname (as it appears in Netdata Cloud)
- Information shown in /api/v1/info
- The chart metadata shown in /api/v1/charts
- Alarm configurations shown in /api/v1/alarms?all
- Active alarms shown in /api/v1/alarms
This data is only be available to Netdata and never to a third party.
Is there an on-premises version available?
Not yet! Send us an email at [email protected] if you’re interested. We’d love to learn more about your requirements and use case.