From the Netdata Cloud UI, you can manage your space’s notification settings and enable the configuration to deliver notifications on Slack.
- A Netdata Cloud account
- Access to the Netdata Space as an administrator
- The Netdata Space needs to be on Business plan or higher
- You need to have a Slack app on your workspace to receive the Webhooks.
Slack Server Configuration
Steps to configure your Slack to receive notifications from Netdata:
- Create an app to receive webhook integrations. Check Create an app from Slack documentation for further details
- Install the app on your workspace
- Configure Webhook URLs for your workspace
- On your app go to Incoming Webhooks and click on activate incoming webhooks
- At the bottom of Webhook URLs for Your Workspace section you have Add New Webhook to Workspace
- After pressing that specify the channel where you want your notifications to be delivered
- Once completed copy the Webhook URL that you will need to add to your notification configuration on Netdata UI
For more details please check Slacks’s article Incoming webhooks for Slack.
Netdata Configuration Steps
- Click on the Space settings cog (located above your profile icon)
- Click on the Notification tab
- Click on the + Add configuration button (near the top-right corner of your screen)
- On the Slack card click on + Add
- A modal will be presented to you to enter the required details to enable the configuration:
- Notification settings are Netdata specific settings
- Configuration name - you can optionally provide a name for your configuration you can easily refer to it
- Rooms - by specifying a list of Rooms you are select to which nodes or areas of your infrastructure you want to be notified using this configuration
- Notification - you specify which notifications you want to be notified using this configuration: All Alerts and unreachable, All Alerts, Critical only
- Integration configuration are the specific notification integration required settings, which vary by notification method. For Slack:
- Webhook URL - URL provided on Slack for the channel you want to receive your notifications.