From the Netdata Cloud UI, you can manage your space’s notification settings and enable the configuration to deliver notifications on Mattermost.
- A Netdata Cloud account
- Access to the Netdata Space as an administrator
- The Netdata Space needs to be on Business plan or higher
- You need to have permissions on Mattermost to add new integrations.
- You need to have a Mattermost app on your workspace to receive the webhooks.
Mattermost Server Configuration
Steps to configure your Mattermost to receive notifications from Netdata:
- In Mattermost, go to Product menu > Integrations > Incoming Webhook
- If you don’t have the Integrations option, incoming webhooks may not be enabled on your Mattermost server or may be disabled for non-admins. They can be enabled by a System Admin from System Console > Integrations > Integration Management. Once incoming webhooks are enabled, continue with the steps below.
- Select Add Incoming Webhook and add a name and description for the webhook. The description can be up to 500 characters
- Select the channel to receive webhook payloads, then select Add to create the webhook
- You will end up with a webhook endpoint that looks like below:
- Treat this endpoint as a secret. Anyone who has it will be able to post messages to your Mattermost instance.
For more details please check Mattermost’s article Incoming webhooks for Mattermost.
Netdata Configuration Steps
- Click on the Space settings cog (located above your profile icon)
- Click on the Notification tab
- Click on the + Add configuration button (near the top-right corner of your screen)
- On the Mattermost card click on + Add
- A modal will be presented to you to enter the required details to enable the configuration:
- Notification settings are Netdata specific settings
- Configuration name - you can optionally provide a name for your configuration you can easily refer to it
- Rooms - by specifying a list of Rooms you are select to which nodes or areas of your infrastructure you want to be notified using this configuration
- Notification - you specify which notifications you want to be notified using this configuration: All Alerts and unreachable, All Alerts, Critical only
- Integration configuration are the specific notification integration required settings, which vary by notification method. For Mattermost:
- Webhook URL - URL provided on Mattermost for the channel you want to receive your notifications