Current Release v1.41.0
- New Agent Dashboard! - Netdata Agents and Parents now have a new UI!
- Netdata Assistant - Netdata Assistant: Your AI-Powered Troubleshooting Sidekick.
- New FreeIPMI collector for monitoring enterprise hardware - Netdata got a new FreeIPMI collector. The new collector is able to collect IPMI sensors at a much better data collection rate, and it is more reliable and robust compared to the previous one.
- Netdata Detects FDs Leaking -
apps.pluginsis now able to track the usage of FDs against the limits set for each application.
Release v1.40.0 Highlights
- Dashboard Sections' Summary Tiles - Added summary tiles to most sections of the fully-automated dashboards, to provide an instant view of the most important metrics for each section.
- Silencing of Cloud Alert Notifications - Maintenance window coming up? Active issue being checked? Use the Alert notification silencing engine to mute your notifications.
- Machine Learning - Extended Training to 24 Hours - Netdata now trains multiple models per metric, to learn the behavior of each metric for the last 24 hours. Trained models are persisted on disk and are loaded back on Netdata restart.
- Rewritten SSL Support for the Agent - Netdata Agent now features a new SSL layer that allows it to reliably use SSL on all its features, including the API and Streaming.
Release v1.39.1 Highlights
This patch release provides the following bug fixes:
- Claiming and enabling auto-updates have been failing due to incorrect permissions when
kickstart.shwas doing a static installation. The issue has affected all static installations, including the one done from the Windows MSI installer. The permissions were corrected.
- The recipient lists of agent alert notifications are configurable via the health_alarm_notify.conf file. A stock file with default configurations can be modified using
edit-config. A user noticed that the default settings in that file can make changing role recipients confusing. Unless the edited configuration file included every setting of the original stock file, the resulting behavior was unintuitive. A was added PR to fix the handling of custom role recipient configurations.
- A bug in our collection and reporting of Infiniband bandwidth was discovered and fixed.
- We noticed memory buffer overflows under some very specific conditions. We adjusted the relevant buffers and the calls to
strncpyzto prevent such overflows.
- A memory leak in certain circumstances was found in the ACLK code. We fixed the the incorrect data handling that caused it.
- An unrelated memory leak was discovered in the ACLK code and has also been fixed.
- Exposing the anomaly rate right on top of each chart in Netdata Cloud surfaced an issue of bad ML models on some very noisy metrics. We addressed the issue by suppressing the indications that these noisy metrics would produce. This change gives the ML model a chance to improve, based on additional collected data.
- Finally, we improved the handling of errors during ML transactions, so that transactions are properly rolled back, instead of failing in the middle.
Release v1.39.0 Highlights
- Netdata Charts v3.0 - A new era for monitoring charts. Powerful, fast, easy to use. Instantly understand the dataset behind any chart. Slice, dice, filter and pivot the data in any way possible!
- Windiows support - Windows hosts are now first-class citizens. Users can now enjoy out-of-the-box monitoring of over 200 metrics from your Windows systems and the services that run on them.
- Virtual nodes and custom labels - Access to more monitoring superpowers for managing medium to large infrastructures. With custom labels and virtual hosts, you can easily organize your infrastructure and ensure that troubleshooting is more efficient.
- Major upcoming changes - Separate packages for data collection plugins, mandatory
zlib, no upgrades of existing installs from versions prior to v1.11.
- Bar charts for functions - New charts were added on the Functions tab to help users better visualize the data presented.
- Opsgenie notifications for Business Plan users - Opsgenine alert nofitification integration was made availabe from Netdata Cloud.