From the Netdata Cloud UI, you can manage your space’s notification settings and enable the configuration to deliver notifications on RocketChat.
- A Netdata Cloud account
- Access to the Netdata Space as an administrator
- The Netdata Space needs to be on Business plan or higher
- You need to have permissions on Mattermost to add new integrations.
- You need to have a RocketChat app on your workspace to receive the webhooks.
Mattermost Server Configuration
Steps to configure your RocketChat to receive notifications from Netdata:
- In RocketChat, Navigate to Administration > Workspace > Integrations.
- Click +New at the top right corner.
- For more details about each parameter, check create-a-new-incoming-webhook.
- After configuring integration, click Save.
- You will end up with a webhook endpoint that looks like below:
- Treat this endpoint as a secret. Anyone who has it will be able to post messages to your RocketChat instance.
For more details please check RocketChat’s article Incoming webhooks for RocketChat.
Netdata Configuration Steps
- Click on the Space settings cog (located above your profile icon)
- Click on the Notification tab
- Click on the + Add configuration button (near the top-right corner of your screen)
- On the RocketChat card click on + Add
- A modal will be presented to you to enter the required details to enable the configuration:
- Notification settings are Netdata specific settings
- Configuration name - you can optionally provide a name for your configuration you can easily refer to it
- Rooms - by specifying a list of Rooms you are select to which nodes or areas of your infrastructure you want to be notified using this configuration
- Notification - you specify which notifications you want to be notified using this configuration: All Alerts and unreachable, All Alerts, Critical only
- Integration configuration are the specific notification integration required settings, which vary by notification method. For RocketChat:
- Webhook URL - URL provided on RocketChat for the channel you want to receive your notifications.